Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last night at a random gas station in Denver

OK, so I totally have more important things to do right now than write a blog about my strange and wondrous adventures with the world of men . . . BUT I'm doing it anyway!

I'd love to hear from you and your crazy strange adventures with other people too. IT would be a very fun exchange, and maybe I'll write a book on it all someday!

Last night--I was driving home from a single's dance south of Denver & I stopped at a gas station to fill up and take a pit stop. There was this bald guy in front of me who was filling up his SUV. He looked my way w/some interest. It was nearly midnight, I had been dancing for 2 straight hours--who knows how I was REALLY looking . . .

Anyway, I headed into the station to see what they had to munch on. Not wanting to spend my hard-earned cash for the junk in there, I asked the attendant where the nearest fast food restaurant was (like that isn't junk!). The bald guy was right there, and as soon as I asked, he said, "Why settle for fast food! There is a great Israeli Mediterranean restaurant right down the road that's open 24-hours! Come on, I'll take you!" I told him I didn't want to spend a lot of money, although it sounded great and that Mediterranean is my favorite cuisine. He offered to treat me to dinner.

So, being in a state where I was quite hungry, facing the prospect of a free meal, and ever at a weakness for positive male attention, I decided to check in w/my "creep-o-meter" that has served to both protect me and leave room open for some rather intriguing adventures w/members of the opposite sex. Getting the "all-clear" from the internal guidance system, I agreed to a midnight dinner--with a perfect stranger! We introduced ourselves to each other in the parking lot of the gas station, and I followed him in my car to the restaurant about 10 minutes away. It was on my way home, and I WAS hungry!

So, Sam the very nice Israeli man and I had ant impromptu midnight dinner date at an Israeli restaurant in Denver last night. The food was wonderful--we split a meat and vegetarian combo platter and delicious custard dessert--and Sam was sweet and charming. Turns out he is a bit of a lonely soul and I think it did him some good to spend an evening in the company of this very appreciative and hungry girl!

I of course was thrilled to get to know a new friend, especially one who was so affable and fun to be around. We chatted about his being Jewish but not really practicing, me being Mormon and very practicing, about music interests and travels. I was a little incoherent considering the time of night and that I had just spent an intense two hours dancing, but Sam didn't seem to mind. He was very gracious! I was happy to gift him with one of my CD's before we parted.

Perhaps we'll stay in touch. I wish him well and can only think that good will come to this brave, charming, generous man. Shalom, shalom, Sam!

~KJ

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for adventures with men...I may be just the person to help your book along. I have had quite a few since becoming single 4 years ago.

    There was the polotician, the contractor, the guy with the million dollar house (the little Pollack), the musician and the list will continue to grow as I have no interest at this time in giving all my time to one man.

    Could be a fun venture....

    ReplyDelete